Debw69
hi

i about 10 months time I will be looking to buy a property with a 15% deposit.the problem I have is that my husbands credit rating is shocking after using loans and credit cards to help his business that eventually went into liquidation.should I open my own current account to show I can afford to pay all my bills and have enough to afford the mortgage which will be in my name only.one other thing is I defaulted on a credit card 10 years ago and have been paying a small payment since then although this is not showing on any credit check and they have lost the credit agreement,should I include this on the application 
Quote 0 0
Hayley@simplyadverse
Hi,

As you have realised, many lenders won’t accept spouses not both being party to any applications.

There are some lenders that are happy with this scenario though and you have a run up to the purchase.

Best of luck 
Quote 0 0
Debw69
Hi

thanks for your reply,would you advise using a broker with access to these lenders and I would be grateful for any advice on if I should open my own current account 
Quote 0 0
Hayley@simplyadverse
You don’t necessarily have to open a separate bank account as some lenders are happy with sole applicants when married.

Obviously we would always suggest a broker would be prudent, but ultimately that would be your call
Quote 0 0